Saturday, January 7, 2012

Rice Flour Pancakes

Here is a recipe my wife found (I am not sure where), adapted to our family. These pancakes are little on the fragile side, but they are delicious.

In a large mixing bowl, combine:
  • 1 C rice flour
  • 2 T low-glycemic sweetener (I used xylitol today)
  • 2 t baking powder
  • 1/2 t salt (we use Real Salt)
  • 1 egg, beaten lighten
  • 1 C rice, coconut or almond milk (I used canned coconut milk today, water down)
  • 2 t coconut oil
Mix the dry ingredients together thoroughly, then add milk and beat together. Add the egg and oil until the mixture is smooth.

We like to add frozen fruit in the pancakes while the are on the griddle. We cook them on our griddle at 350 degrees.

Today I used frozen blueberries in about half the batch, and sunflower seed butter on my plain ones.

I hope you like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...