Sunday, July 3, 2011

Coconut Nice Cream

Oh, yummy! It's Sunday, so because we don't go out to the store, we make do with what we have if we haven't planned ahead for a dessert. Tonight's "make-do" creation was SO YUMMY! (If you're not sure why I called it Nice Cream, read here. Scroll down near the bottom of that post and you'll see it.)

Last week, one of my co-workers was eating a coconut "ice cream" bar (no dairy) and told me how good they were. She was headed down to the little herb shop to get another one the other day, so I asked her to pick one up for me. It was every bit as good as she said. I looked at the ingredients and decided I could make something sort of similar, and I was guessing that the magic ingredient was coconut extract. So I picked some up the other day. Good thinking on my part!

What we had on hand was silken tofu and a can of full fat coconut milk, so I tossed them in the blender, added coconut extract, stevia, and a little honey, and gave it a whirl. Then I stirred in all natural shredded coconut and put it in the ice cream freezer.

The temperature today was 101 degrees, and can I just say that a little coconut "nice cream" really hit the spot? This is definitely going to be one of our regular desserts. It was fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...