Sunday, July 17, 2011

Zucchini Hummus

My friend at work always seems to have interesting things to eat. I walked past her desk and saw a container full of something greenish that I didn't recognize. I asked her what it was and she said that it was Zucchini Hummus. Hmmm. Interesting to me because I love humus, but neither my husband nor I can tolerate beans very well. She asked me if I wanted to try it; of course I wanted to! It was DELISH.

Today I got around to whipping out a batch, and I have to say that it was not only delicious but it was SO SIMPLE. It comes from the book, Raw Foods Made Easy by Jennifer Cornbleet.


Zucchini Hummus


1 zucchini, peeled and chopped (about 1 1/2 C)
2 T. tahini (sesame butter)
2 T. fresh lemon juice
1/2 t. crushed garlic (1 clove)
1/4 t. ground cumin
1/4 t. paprika
1/4 t. salt


Place all ingredients in a food processor fitted with the S blade and process until smooth. Stop occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator. Zucchini Hummus will keep for about 5 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...