Sunday, July 24, 2011

Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead

Have you seen the documentary, Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead? We watched it the other night, (currently streaming on Netflix) and I must say, veggies rocked his house! 

Juicing is a powerful form of cleansing and nourishing. By juicing your vegetables, you're making them extremely easy to digest by eliminating the fiber. Not that fiber isn't good, it is, but if your goal is to cleanse and/or to ramp up the nutrient availability, juicing is the way to do it.

In the film, I loved watching people's reactions to the idea of going on a juice fast. "I could never do that." "I like my cheeseburgers too much," and on and on. I think in Joe Cross's case, he liked his health and life too much NOT to! I admire that kind of viewpoint, don't you?

And then there was Phil, who was nearly suicidal, feeling rather hopeless about his health situation and the several hundred extra pounds he was carrying around. What a hard road he had to travel, but he did it, and I loved watching the transformation. A little juicing went a very long way for that man!

If you're curious about the benefits of juicing, here's a good explanation. Even if you're not needing or wanting to do a full juice fast, just adding fresh juices to your diet, especially veggies, is a great nutritional boost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...