Saturday, July 23, 2011

Roasted Potatoes with Tomatoes, Basil, and Garlic

 I had a hankering for something that I could make using the fresh basil from my garden. I also had a bag of plump tomatoes. So I thought to myself, "I wonder what I could find that had basil, tomatoes, and garlic, but no cheese." So I did myself a little Google search and came across this very easy and very DELIGHTFUL dish. We will definitely be having it again soon and likely more often when the garden tomatoes are ripe and ready.

Roasted Potatoes with Tomatoes, Basil, and Garlic
 
2 pounds red potatoes, chopped
1 1/2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
3/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
3 cloves garlic, pressed
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary



Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray an oblong casserole dish with olive oil. Place the potatoes, tomatoes, basil, and garlic in dish and toss with the olive oil. Sprinkle with the rosemary. 


Bake 20 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, turning occasionally, until tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...